Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers and also one of the most popular target for unwanted adware programs, browser redirect virus and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). This article will provide step-by-step guide on how to remove any adware program, browser redirect virus or PUPs from your Google Chrome.
When adware programs or PUPs get installed to your Google Chrome, they will generate pop-up ads, display advertising banners or even changing your home page and default search engine. If you have such kind of problem, you are in the right place!
How to Manually Remove Pop-up Ads/ Browser Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click Customize and control Google Chrome. Move to Tools and click Extensions.
2. Review your extension list and remove those suspicious or unknown extensions.
3. In the same window, click Settings on the left panel.
4. To change the start page of Google Chrome, click Set pages under On Startup
5. Click X to remove unwanted startpage from Google Chrome and type in the URL of your favorite website
6. Under Appearance, tick Show Home Button and click Change
7. Select Use the New Tab page and click OK to save the change. You can also type in the URL of your favorite website so that you can go to that website by clicking Home button.
8. To change default search engine of Google Chrome, click Manage search engines under Search.
9. Choose Google, Yahoo or Bing and click Make default.
10. Remove those unwanted search engines by clicking X.
Note: You should be able to get rid of those annoying pop-up ads or browser redirect virus off your Google Chrome. However, some adware programs or PUPs can be very stubborn and difficult to disable or remove, because there are other related adware programs or PUPs running in the background to protect themselves. In such circumstance, you can use automatic removal method to fix your problem.
How to Automatically Remove Pop-up Ads/ Browser Redirect Virus from Google Chrome
In fact, it’s very easy to get rid of annoying pop-up ads or fix your browser redirect problem if you use this powerful and trustworthy Automatic Virus Removal Tool, because it can automatically scan and remove all unwanted adware programs or PUPs with only a few clicks. This could save a lot of time and hassle for those computer users who are not good at computers. Download Automatic Virus Removal Tool to fix your problem and stop your sufferings now!